Keys to Successful Networking by Anne Boe
Adapted by Marti Moore, M.Ed., N.C.C.
Last Updated 12/09/99 06:05 AM
Clarify your career goals.
- Develop long-term win-win relationships.
- Nurture your network daily.
- Be actively involved in your community.
- Meet as many people as you can.
- Take your business cards everywhere.
- Make friends, even when you don't need them.
- Act like a host, not a guest.
- Become an interested person.
- Develop your listening skills.
- Trust your intuition.
- Take people risks.
- Master the art of small talk.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Value yourself and your life.
- Take action daily towards your goals.
- Become your own energy manager.
- Learn to ask for what you want.
- Give thanks for what you have.
- Acknowledge your skills and talents.
- Say "Thank you. "
- Become an inverse paranoid - decide the world is conspiring for you.
- Determine your priorities - protect your energy.
- Learn to want what you have.
- Know that there are more side doors in the world than there are front doors.
Return to Home Page